No more like gating coming Nov. 2014
Facebook recently announced upcoming changes to it’s API & SDK:
“You must not incentivize people to use social plugins or to like a Page. This includes offering rewards, or gating apps or app content based on whether or not a person has liked a Page. It remains acceptable to incentivize people to login to your app, checkin at a place or enter a promotion on your app’s Page.”
No more gifts through Facebook (as of August 12th)
Changes on Pages:
- photos in the feed are now 504 pixels wide
- Apps have moved but you can control what is seen for the most part. (move them around)
- Your website link is now shown without having to add it to your short description
- Highlighting a post on your page will not make it wider.
- you now have a snapshot of how your page is doing on the right of your screen.
Save button rolling out in the feed – Read and respond later on your own time.
- You can only save from your own newsfeed
- What you can save:
- TV Shows
- What you can’t save:
- Regular text status updates