With Special Guest Chadney Barcus from Socially Elevated Media
What is Evernote? Evernote is a great place to store all your thoughts, ideas, things to read later, and more. It is amazing because it sinks to all devices. It is a great way to share content as well.
Where can people find/get Evernote? - It is available in all the the app stores including the mac desktop app store, and in your web browser www.evernote.com
Some of the main things Evernote does without any add ons that you can use right away:
1. Allows you to create notes and notebooks
2. It also allows you to store picture clips and voice clips
3. Free version allows you the ability to share notes Premium allows people to contribute to a notebook
What are the first 3 things someone should do immediately after installing?
1. Get the web clipper installed in your browser
2. Put your evernote email into your contacts
3. If you tweet set up @myen
What are some of the best add ons for Evernote that we can employ to be even more organized and productive?
- Social Folders
- Go to Evernote blog and look under friends and partners.
Other tools and applications you can use to help manage your life:
- E.ggtimer.com - Productivity timer
- Hootsuite – love for reporting but not good for Facebook postings
- Rapportive - Awesome Gmail add-on to help you socially connect with email contacts.
- Keep my receipts organized and categorized
- scan, take a photo or send in options for all kinds of documents (receipts, business cards and other docs you wish to organize)
- Save hours during tax season -All your information is ready for you online along with IRS accepted receipt images, ready for export to your favorite tax-filing applications.
Please post your favorite applications that help simplify your life and work in the comments and tell us how it helps you. Let’s help each other be more effective and productive!
Next Weeks Topic: We will be covering Facebook Timelines for business pages.
Tweet with us:
Interested in our upcoming Evernote Webinar? Sign up for our webinar interest list at http://eepurl.com/jY2dz